The Centro Linguistico Italiano Dante Alighieri Rome group was formed in 1994 and specializes in teaching Italian language and culture (Literature, Art History, Opera & Society) to foreign students. This multi-national environment fosters confident communication and cultural understanding. CLIDA offers flexible and easy enrollment: General Italian courses start every Monday with experienced, highly qualified, and friendly teachers. Our support staff is available to students 24/7.
Our centre is housed in a stylish turn of the century building, at 1 Piazza Bologna. It is within easy reach of the city centre and all other areas, amply served by Underground Line B and many bus routes. The classrooms are airy and bright, providing an excellent space for students to engage in learning. Free wifi in each classroom; housing service available; full program of extra activities (guided tours of the city, parties, trips, movies, musical events).
An important part of our programs are the guided tour of the town with our History of Art teachers and the leisure activities also with our teachers, discovering the daily Roman life.
We can offer several programs for groups and individual students, according to their particular needs and time available for learning Italian:
Intensive group & “one to one” courses (Monday/Friday) – held in the morning or in the afternoon and evening develop through absolute beginners to advanced levels (A1-C2 of the European Framework ). Group courses may be combined with 1 or 2 individual hours a day (afternoon) for those who need an intensive and personalized course.
Internship program – It offers international students the possibility of developing communication skills, gain a different perspective of living and working in a different culture and develop effective functional skills in a specific field with the additional bonus of a learning and using their Italian language skills.
Opera program – it aims to deepen the linguistic structures from a grammatical and syntactical point of view, to improve pronunciation and diction. The singing lessons (technique, interpretation and style), provided by experienced singing teachers and Italian opera singers, enable you to practice the music which most interests you and put to use the skills you learn at school.
Why choose Centro Linguistico Italiano Dante Alighieri Rome
- Flexible, easy enrolment: general Italian courses start every Monday, January to December
- Full immersion courses with a flexible time schedule
- Courses for every interest improve future career prospects and confidence in speaking Italian
- Reduced groups
- Levels: Beginner to Advanced (European Portfolio A1-C2)
- International community of students and professionals makes for confident communication
- Centrally located school
- A full program of extracurricular activities
- International internship opportunities
- Study Visa support
Italian language & culture for foreigners
- Italian plus Italian Cooking
- Italian plus Wine & food of Italy
- Italian plus Italian Literature
- Italian plus Music (instruments)
- Italian plus Opera (Voice training)
- Italian plus watercolor
- Italian plus Roman Archeology & Art History
- Italian plus Cinema
- pick up and accommodation booking service
- Rome orientation (upon arrival)
- free internet access
- free extra curricular activities
- student insurance
- teaching material
- oral and written entrance test
- final certificate